My owner, Kristina, has decided she doesn’t have time to write about me. She’s too busy writing her book. So . . . I’ve stolen her laptop and am going to write my blog. My paws are a bit clumsy, but I can do it. I know I can.
How do you like my hair cut above? Too short, I think. But it’s too hot in the Bahamas for me to have long hair. Plus, I get covered in sand and get itchy. I just wish Kristina had taken lessons in clipping my hair. Once she gave me a bald spot on top of my head. Good thing I’m a dog and don’t care.
So what’s in my grooming kit?
- Nail clippers (Kristina does this weekly so the quick recedes, and she doesn’t hurt me.)
- Large scissors
- Small scissors blunted at the end (for around my eyes and ears.)
- Toothpaste and brush (Not my favourite, but if I get an infection in my mouth, Kristina can clean it.)
- Clippers (For my winter haircut)
- Brush (One suited for my coat – you might be different and need a specific kind.)
- Ear cleaning fluid (I hate this, but I get ear infections from too much time in salt water and this prevents them.)
- Cotton swabs (For cleaning the inside of my ears without hurting me.)
- Conditioner (It’s embarrassing when she conditions my hair, but at least I smell nice.)
- Towels (So I don’t have to use human towels. They get testy about that. They also get annoyed when I’m wet and jump in their bed.)
Here’s what Kristina has already written about me. Lucky me – she may have given up writing my blog, but she does spend a lot of time getting my stuff ready for sailing.
12 thoughts on “Farley’s Friday – Grooming While Cruising”
Thank you. Woof Woof.
Tell Farley he did a great job with this. Not even a single typo! Extra doggie treats for that.
Ate my extra doggie treats for breakfast. Kristina hates typos so I got two cookies
Very possible that that’s my kiting gear so a quick ‘thank you’ shout out to my dear pal, Farley!
Debi, It was your kiting gear. You were getting Bruce ready to ‘fly’, which I don’t like and tell you by barking, but you never listen. Maybe this winter your dog listening skills will improve 🙂 If not, I sure hope we get to run together. Woof Woof.
I love your post speaking from Farley’s point of view. Awesome. It adds even more character to your wonderful blog.
Dear Farley, I cut my roommate’s hair in college. The first time was the charm. The second and last was a disaster. Be thankful that I didn’t cut your hair.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Woof Woof Joan. My hair is long now, but only for a couple of weeks. Before we leave to head south, Kristina is going to cut my hear short. I keep trying to hide the clippers, but she’s pretty smart and finds them. I hope your roommate stayed friends with you!
Yes, she did, but she hid the clippers. Thanks for caring.
I wish my dog would write my pet blog. 🙂 My kitty tries to help but all she types are zzzzzzzzz’s.
The cat might dictate the blog, but I don’t think it would lower itself and actually type. That’s dog’s work.
Try bribing the dog. 🙂
LOL One night I was typing and my foster dog came up and actually starting pawing my arm. That is a sure sign to quit for the night. 🙂