Canadian spelling?

If you’re a Canadian writer and spell the Canadian, I’d love to know what you do about a forty-two inch flat screen television.

Canadian’s use the metric system, so should it be a 106.68 centimetres? Or maybe 1.0668 metres?

Both seem rather silly to me.

I think using inches is okay in this case.

Any opinions?

Thanks for reading . . .



9 thoughts on “Canadian spelling?

  1. I think you’re good with inches. I’ve never heard anyone refer to the size of a TV in anything but inches, although using metres makes it sound bigger to me for some reason.


  2. Honestly, we Canadians use inches to describe measurement a lot. I think in inches rather than centimetres, and pounds instead of kilograms, and I know a lot of other people do, too. Dunno why. Maybe because we watch so much American television / movies!


Thank you for commenting! Your email address will be stored but not shared.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.