Thanks to Imajin Books, all three Stone Mountain Mysteries are on sale. Why not buy yourself and early Christmas gift.
But Imajin Books is even more generous…
The Author’s Guide to Selling Books to Non-Bookstores is also on sale for $0.99 USD.
Thanks for reading…
In the life of an author, one of the best days is the day a new book is released. Today is that day for me.
I’m feeling awesome and would like to thank Cheryl Kaye Tardif and Imajin Books for suggesting I write this book and for publishing it.
My trek to visit as many non-bookstores as possible led me to sell more books to non-bookstores than bookstores, so I took photos throughout the journey.
The best moment during the pre-release phase:
Who wouldn’t want to be placed beside the “nice” shark, Robert Herjavec?
If you’d like to buy the book it’s available at: Amazon, Kobo, Google Play Also on iBooks
Thanks for reading…
Exhausted, that’s how I felt when my Facebook launch party ended. Three hours of chatting online, asking trivia questions, keeping track of winners, and answering questions.
This is the story of how I created and hosted my first launch party.
Preparation for the event.
- Create a banner to announce your event. I used Canva.com. It’s free.
- Set up event on Facebook. Remember to make the event public or only your friends can see it.
- Put the back description of your novel at the top of the page with a link to where your book is sold. You can use booklinker.net to create a link that will take the person to the amazon site of their home country.
- Invite all your friends and ask them to share your post.
- Send a reminder the day before and the morning of the event.
- Have something to give away. I had 14 books donated by other authors. My publisher recommended not to give away DESCENT as it is a new release. I limited each winner to two books.
- Create trivia questions. My questions were all related to the books being given away by other authors, but you ask anything really. I created questions from the Amazon site for the books donated so people could look up the answers and there would be no confusion about the correct answer.
- Have winners direct message you with their email address. I only gave away eBooks to make the process easy and less costly for donating authors. People could attend your event from different countries and mailing a paperback could get expensive.
- If books are being given away, take a screen shot of the book cover from Amazon and post it with the trivia question. Don’t add the link to Amazon as the answer to your question might show up too.
- Keep the trivia questions and answers in a word document so you can cut and paste them instead of having to type them as you go. Things move fast in a launch.
- Create a list of pre-posts in word in case things get slow. I only used a couple of the ones I created. This could be a question about reading, your books or anything your guests might be interested in.
Here are a couple of sample threads you can post about 10 minutes before the event starts.
Pin the first thread to the top, otherwise people won’t be able to follows what’s going on.
Welcome Guests (other than authors giving away books): Please check in here. Tell us your name, where you’re from and how you know me ☺ This is our main chat thread.
Have a thread where authors can sign in.
Authors check in: Can donating authors please check in here. Tell us your name, location and the name of the title you are donating. Thank you.
After the launch:
- send an email to donating authors with email of person who won their book. The donating author will send their book directly to the winner.
- Watch the site in the days following the launch. Sometimes people come on later just to comment or ask a question.
- Update your Facebook banner to remove the banner announcing the launch and replace with new banner.
- Once you add the updated banner, remember to add the shop now button. Again I used the Booklinker.net link so the reader could be taken to their relevant amazon site.
If you’re interested, you can buy or download a sample of DESCENT at: myBook.to/Descent
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or suggestions to improve a Facebook launch party.
Thanks for reading…
Are you interested in helping authors get the word out about their books?
I am. If I read a book I like or see a notice from an author I like about their new book I try to help.
I put the word out on the following social media sites.
Why do I do this? I love to read. I love to promote reading. And this is an easy way to encourage others to read and help an author at the same time.
Are there other ways you help promote authors?
Thanks for reading . . .